The October 2018 Edition of “The Chirp”, the official Sparrow’s Nest newsletter, features an inspirational note from founder Krista Jones.
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Fall, my favorite time of the year.
I like all the seasons, but Fall makes me feel warm and cozy. When I was throwing on my fuzzy sweater this morning, I was thinking how the changing of the seasons is so much like real life. Some seasons you like more than others, but like it or not, you have to experience all of them.
As with seasons, life has a funny way of throwing us curve balls. Some weeks are amazing and other weeks we can barely make it through the day without wanting to give up. But that’s the beauty of going through the hard times…it’s just a season, a period of time where things look grim but just like seasons do…it all changes. When we are going through a rough patch, it helps to know it won’t last forever. No one likes the tough times but there is always something positive we can take away, no matter the situation.
I am not a fan of Winter. I hate the uncertainty of traveling, the cold, pretty much the whole thing, but I love the way fresh fallen snow looks when I gaze out my window and love sitting by the fireplace in my fuzzy pajamas. Even in the worst of seasons, there can be a positive take away.
You will experience moments of despair but also moments of profound joy…the key is to keep going.
Here are some other highlights:
- We’d like to wish the 88 Team Sparrow runners the best of luck at the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend! (Combined, they raised over $171,000!)
- Congrats to our Vice President Alexis Mills…she’s been nominated for a 2018 Athena Award!
- Mmmmmm…smell that? It’s the irresistible smell of warm pie, just like grandma used to make!
- Forest Financial is hosting a workshop to help get your finances back on track!
- Join Santa on December 1st and fill yourself with holiday cheer…and bacon!
- And coming soon…Best of the Nest! (Stay tuned for more information…)
Get future editions of “The Chirp” delivered right to your Inbox — just sign up below!